As one of the most famous casino games in the world, roulette is fast, fun, and fairly simple to get to grips with. There are plenty of sites across the Internet providing players with a wide choice of styles: there are multiple variations, with slight twists originating in numerous regions.
Even those of us who have never actually played roulette know how it works, though the finer points involved with betting and number choices may be lost on beginners. There is a lot of luck involved in roulette, though experienced players do have their own tactics and strategies for boosting their chances. You can increase your odds by placing bets on certain parts of the board – we’ll cover these later.
Playing online roulette is a much faster experience than in brick-and-mortar casinos, as there is less waiting between spins. Betting is also easier, with the details you need to know presented right on the screen. You can also relax and be sure the game is fair at the most reputable casinos, with the majority working hard to ensure their Random Numbers Generator (RNG) works exactly as it should. This keeps the experience authentic and dependable.
In the European variation of roulette, the wheel is numbered from 1 to 36, alternating between red and black. There is also one green section, labelled with a zero, and on American wheels there is another green spot, carrying a double zero. For this reason alone, American roulette is generally a trickier game to win at than the European version.
Before the game begins, players place bets on the table, choosing which number the ball will land on when the wheel spins. Most sites will provide you with a choice between European and American roulette. There is also another version known as Mini roulette, which is a smaller variation of the game, featuring numbers 1 to 12, with a single zero. This is a faster, simpler version of the game, and beginners might find it preferable to the others.
As you become more seasoned, you may want to switch from one version of roulette to another, experimenting to find your own favourite.
Important Tips on Online Roulette
CasinoMidnight provides you with a great helping of tips for playing online roulette:
- Try spreading your bets across multiple numbers – your payout will be smaller than with a single bet, but you increase your chances of winning at least something
- Stick with the European version while you’re starting out, and try the American one with some experience
- Never bet on the five-number set-up of 0 – 00 – 1 – 2 – 3, as this has the worst odds in the game
- Put a bet on two outside bets, with one on an even-money number and another on a section paying two-to-one.
- Set a loss limit, and be sure to stick for it – roulette is exciting and fast-paced, so you can make your money last longer by deciding on a number of small bets at the start of your game
[table id=1 /]