Without doubt, poker is one of the most legendary casino games ever created. Whether people play professionally, as a hobby, or have never played at all, we all know a little something about it. As much fun as it is to play poker in a group, particularly at a sleek, sophisticated casino with friends, sometimes all you want is a little peace and quiet to enjoy the game itself.
Online video poker provides the single-player experience you want. Many online casinos offer a wide range of video poker games, incorporating slick visuals, fun sound effects, and an immersive atmosphere. Online video poker brings the casino into your living room or palm of your hand (thanks to the proliferation of mobile-friendly sites), for an authentic experience.
While playing poker with other players allows you to employ tried-and-true strategies, made easier by studying your opponents’ moves and body language, online video poker eliminates these advantages. Instead, you’re playing against a machine, competing with its pre-set difficulty levels and tactics. However, there is still some skill involved, and certain strategies can help you beat the house.
Join CasinoMidnight as we look at the basic rules of online video poker!
The basic rules of standard video poker are simple. All you have to do is choose between playing one and five coins. The virtual dealer will then you give you five cards, and you decide whether or not to discard any, or all, of them. Any discarded cards will be replaced to take the hand back up to five, and awards a value based on the cards remaining.
That’s it. However, there are numerous variations:
- Joker’s Wild – a joker is added to the draw deck, which substitutes others to provide stronger hands
- Dueces Wild – all two-cards are wild, able to take the place of any other card for better hands
- Double Bonus – getting four aces in a hand leads to a bonus payout
- Double Double Bonus – as above, but provides bonuses for four of other cards
The best online casinos provide you with a great selection of video poker variations, to suit different tastes. Each game offers its own returns for winning hands (such as ‘three of a kind’ or ‘flush’), so be sure to check them carefully before placing your bets.
Important Tips on Online Video Poker
Our expert team has put together some helpful tips for playing online video poker:
- Start with low stakes, so you can test your limits and learn with a minimum of risk.
- After you gain some experience, always try to play the highest number of coins, as sites may pay a bonus on winning hands for playing all five coins.
- Experiment with different variations of poker – you may excel in one more than another, but you won’t know until you try!
- Take regular breaks; poker is an engrossing game, and can run on for a long time, so be sure to take breaks to keep your performance tight.
- Study the odds of getting the different winning hands in each variation you play, so you can decide which cards to keep and which to discard early on with greater impact.
50 Free Spins on Registration
£20 Free (Bonus Code : expert20)
£900 Bonus + 75 Free Spins
200% up to £3,000 + 50 Free Spins
21 Free Spins Upon Registration